Caetano Veloso, the internationally aclaimed Brazilian singer/songwriter and fan of Bossa Nova, continues to experiment with different sounds and melodies in his recent album Abraçaço. His latest tune is a homage to Bossa Nova. The lyrics eloquently speak of the power of this music genre surprisingly reffering to Brazilian MMA fighters, Bob Dylan, Carlos Lyra, and of course its creator João Gilberto, named as “the warlock of Juazeiro (João’s hometown)”. Many listeners were surprised that Caetano could find similarities between an agressive sport and the gentle bossa nova. In a recent interview to the Brazilian newspaper ‘O Globo’, caetano says: “Everybody thinks that bossa nova is birds, blue sea, sweet, and soft, but it is not. It is a gesture of great combative power and it was lived consciously by its inventor.” In order to clarify the connection between combative power and this music genre, it is good to remember that João Gilberto himself defines his own style of playing and singing as a karate kick. Along the same lines Caetano, in the composition A Bossa Nova é foda, elucidates the power of Bossa Nova and gives the listener a ‘kick’ by simply stating: “Bossa Nova is fucking awesome”. Check the great video below.
- Accomplished singer/songwriter who offers live concerts, lectures, and workshops on Brazilian music and Psychology. Joseh has a Certificate in Sound Healing and a PhD in Psychology focused on the transformative potential of music. Joseh is also author of the psychological fiction book "A Mulher Que Nunca Recebeu Flores".
LANÇAMENTO DE LIVRO/ BOOK RELEASE, SAN FRANCISCO
LISTEN TO THE MUSIC FROM ECHOES
CHECK MY MUSIC FROM MY EP HERE!!!
OFICINA DE TERAPIA DO SOM
ESCUTE AQUI MINHAS MUSICAS DE TERAPIA DO SOM
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Sounds Brazilian Posts
- The Alchemist’s Music: Paulo Coelho’s spiritual musical messages
- Reflecting on Time with Bob Marley & Gilberto Gil
- A Magia da Música – despertando potenciais através da música
- O vazio, o cheio, e o meio – reflexões sobre o Ser
- Musical Relics: the original music sheet of the first Bossa Nova hit
- Eterno Aprendiz em Busca de Só Ser
- A pop song that became part of a ceremonial ritual in the Amazon and an anthem to the LGBT community
- Mother and Music: Tati Salvator, Silvia Nakkach, Dinize Wales, and Joseh Garcia
- Mãe e música: Tati Salvator, Silvia Nakkach, Dinize Wales e Joseh Garcia
- What do Karate, João Gilberto, and Caetano Veloso have in common? – Bossa Nova
- Celebrating Earth with Brazilian Music
- Gay, Bisexual, and Transsexual love in Brazilian Music
- Amores Gays, Bissexuais e Transsexuais na MPB: celebrando a diversidade sexual
- Quem é a mulher de acordo com compositoras da MPB?
- The Tempestuous ‘Waters of March’ of Tom Jobim
- 5 Brazilian songs for Valentine’s Day
- Does Changing the Scale of a Song Alter your Emotional Experience of it?
- La Météo Musicale Brésilienne avec Aline de Lima
- Mudando estados emocionais através da música com Aline de Lima
- O que significa cantar?
- Amy Winehouse in love with a very special girl
- Why write songs?
- Nasal Sounds, Heart Chakra, and the Creative Process, with Seth Eisen
- Where music and spirituality meet, with Anie Nunnally
- A Musical Journey into the Amazon in search of Healing
- Barks in the media- a Concert for Dogs
- Carta para alguém que está perdido
- The Transcendental Sounds of Crickets
- “Bossa Nova is from God”, says David Darling
- Join our new FREE group on Music and Transformation
- Morte, mestre vital!
- Smiling at mistakes with David Darling
- The Elegant Outrageousness of Silvia Nakkach
- O que tiver de ser, será! – Uma estória de entrega e confiança na vida
- What did Jacqueline Kennedy and Brigitte Bardot have in common? A Bossa Nova song
- Luciana Lage, the Street Smart Brazilian
- How to listen to a song
Sounds Brazilian Archives
- October 2014 (1)
- February 2014 (1)
- November 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (2)
- July 2013 (2)
- May 2013 (3)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (4)
- February 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (1)
- August 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (3)
- May 2012 (3)
- February 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (3)
- October 2011 (1)
- September 2011 (2)
- July 2011 (3)
Sounds Brazilian Categories